- Unable to get purchase details because you may not have purchased this package
- Open in Unity button does not work
- Error refreshing packages
- Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package
- Download stops halfway through the process
Error Unable to get purchase details because you may not have purchased this package
Open in Unity button does not work
Error refreshing packages
This error happens when the Unity Editor can't connect to the Package Manager and the Asset Store. You will need to save your projects and close the Unity Editor and Hub completely making sure the application does not continue running in your machine. Then you can open the Unity Hub and Editor again and the Package Manager should work normally.
Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package
Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package can be an indication that there is not enough space in your machine to download the asset. Make sure that you have enough space in your disk and also in your temporary folder. If there is not enough space, please free up some on your machine.
This error can also happen when the download is corrupt. In this case, you need to delete the asset folder from your machine and then you can try the download again and it should work normally. You can find the asset files in the following locations:
There are other reasons why this error can continue to appear. We strongly encourage you to review this forum post with recommendations from other users that were affected by this issue and managed to resolve it.
Download stops halfway through the process:
If your asset begins to download but stops halfway through the process, you might be experiencing one of these common connection issues:
- You have a firewall or proxy in place, which is blocking the connection to the server. Try allowing these ports in your settings: 80 and 443.
- You have a VPN or an anti-virus software running. Try disabling these temporarily to download the asset.
- You have a weak or intermittent internet connection. Unity needs an uninterrupted connection, so please make sure your network is estable. There are many speed check sites such as Speed Test that could help in this scenario. If you do experience weak or intermittent connection issues, we recommend you trying the download while being connected via Ethernet. You may also need to speak to your ISP or Network Administrator for further assistance as unfortunately, this is not something we can advise on directly on our end.
- There is an issue with the Unity Package Manager. Please check Unity Package Manager troubleshooting documentation for more information.