- Shaders do not look correct when loaded from AssetBundles.
- Shader Features do not work with AssetBundles
- A shader that uses “shader features” and is included in an AssetBundle does not work on versions earlier than 5.4.4p4, 5.5.1p4, and 5.6.0b8.
In versions prior to 5.4.4p4, 5.5.1p4, and 5.6.0b8 the only way to use shader features with AssetBundles was to include all the materials that use a specific shader in the same AssetBundle.
From 5.4.4p4, 5.5.1p4, and 5.6.0b8 and onwards to use the Shader Features with Asset Bundles follow the steps below.
Use a ShaderVariantCollection to pack the shader feature with the collection:
- Create a ShaderVariantCollection
- Add the Shader to the collection
- Add variant tags to the collection
- Assign both collection and shader to the same Bundle.
Watch the video demonstration of this here.