- I want to leave an organization I am in and give ownership to another user.
- I want to become the organization owner.
Owners have additional management rights, in contrast to other organization roles. For example, they can access invoices and billing information.
There are two ways you can change the owner of an organization:
If the current owner still has access to the account:
- Sign into your account.
- Click Organizations to the left of the screen.
- Click the organization you would like to make the change to.
- Click Members & Groups.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the user you want to edit.
- Click the drop-down menu under Organization Role and select Owner to give them all permissions.
- Click the green Save button.
- The new owner will have full access and be able to remove the previous owner from the organization or downgrade their access.
If you’re not able to remove the previous owner of the organization, please submit a support request.
If the person you want to be the owner is not in the organization, please see the article, 'How do I invite a new member to my Organization?'.
If the owner of the organization has left:
Please submit a support request including all of the associated account details.