- I want to leave an organization and give ownership to another user.
- I want to become the organization owner.
Owners can access all settings in their organization's subscriptions across all projects. They are the only users with access to the organization's payment instruments, subscription invoices, and billing information. They can also assign seats, set organization roles, and enable Unity services.
If the current owner still has access to the account:
- Sign into your account.
- Click Organizations to the left of the screen.
- Click the organization you would like to make the change to.
- Click Members & Groups.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the user you want to edit.
- Click the drop-down menu under Organization Role and select Owner to give them all permissions.
- Click the green Save button.
- The new owner now has full access to remove the previous owner from the organization or downgrade their access.
|Please note: If the organization is the current owner's default organization, you cannot change the billable owner, and the current owner cannot leave.
If you cannot remove the previous owner of the organization, or the owner of the organization has left your company, and it is not their default organization, please submit a support request.
If the person you want to be the owner is not in the organization, please see the article, 'How do I invite a new member to my Organization?'.