- I would like to display Unity in its professional/ dark theme.
- I would like to display Unity in its Personal/ light theme.
- I have upgraded to Unity Plus/ Pro/ Enterprise but the Editor is still in the light theme.
- I am a free/ Personal user but the option to change my Editor theme is grayed out.
As of Unity 2019.4.8, the Dark Editor theme is available to both paid subscribers and free users alike.
For Editor versions below 2019.4.8, the Dark theme option is available to Unity Plus, Pro, and Enterprise subscription holders only.
If you have Unity Personal activated on an Editor version below 2019.4.8, this feature is not available.
Please note: If you are a Unity Plus*, Pro, or Enterprise subscriber and are using an Editor version below 2019.4.8, you will first need to ensure that you have activated your license key.
To change your Editor theme, please follow the steps below:
- Launch the Unity Hub and open one of your projects/ create a new project.
- Click the Edit drop-down menu in Windows or Unity for Mac/ Linux > Preferences.
- Click General.
- Click the drop-down menu to the right of Editor Theme > Select Dark or Light depending on your preference.
|Note: *Unity Plus is no longer available to purchase.|