- I would like to display Unity in its Professional/dark theme.
- I would like to display Unity in its Personal/ light theme.
- I have upgraded to Unity Pro/Plus but the Editor is still in the light theme.
- I am a free/ Personal user but the option to change my Editor Theme is grayed out.
As of Unity 2019.4.8, the Dark Editor Theme is available to both paid subscribers and free users alike.
For Editor versions below 2019.4.8, the Professional Theme option is available to Unity Plus, Pro & Enterprise subscription holders only.
If you have Unity Personal activated on an Editor version below 2019.4.8, this feature is not available.
Please note: If you are a Unity Plus, Pro or Enterprise subscriber and are using an Editor version below 2019.4.8, you will first need to ensure that you have activated your license key.
To change your Editor Theme:
- Launch the Unity Hub and open one of your Projects/ create a new Project.
- Click the "Edit" drop down menu in Windows, or "Unity" for Mac/Linux.
- Click "Preferences"
- The Preferences window will appear:
- Under the "General" tab, select "Professional" or "Personal" in the "Editor Theme" dropdown.