To install a node-locked Ziva license, follow the instructions below:
If you have already downloaded and installed the Ziva VFX Maya plugin, jump to 3. Set up your license.
1. Install the Ziva VFX Maya plugin
Navigate to the Licenses section of your Ziva account, sign in to your Ziva account (if prompted), and select your Ziva VFX license.
For Windows users, the easiest way to install the plugin is to use the Windows Installer. All you have to do is download the installer and run the
If you are using Linux or would like more control over your Windows installation process, you can follow the steps below:
- Download the
.zipfile. Be sure to specify the correct OS and Maya version.
- Extract the contents of the 'Ziva-VFX-Maya-Module' folder in the
- Move the resulting folder into your Maya module directory. For example,
2. Load Ziva.mll into Maya
- Launch Maya > Windows > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager.
ziva.mllby checking the Loaded box. If
ziva.mlldoes not show up in the list by default, you can locate it using Browse. Once loaded, click Close to exit out of the Plug-in Manager.
After the plugin is loaded, you see Ziva, Ziva Tools, and Ziva Transfer in your top menu bar. These menus contain all of the Ziva VFX functionalities, but can only be used after the license file has been set up.
3. Set up your license
To set up your license, you need to copy the license file to one of the Ziva VFX plugin search paths.
To do so, please follow the steps below:
|Important: You must launch Maya with administrator privilege if the Ziva VFX installation path is under
- Navigate to the Licenses section of your Ziva account, and click on your Ziva VFX license.
- Input your MAC address into the box provided, and click Generate.
- Click the yellow Download (.LIC) button to download your license file.
- Launch Maya > Ziva > Register License....
- Click Browse > navigate to your downloaded license file > Open.
- Click Register.
You see a success message if your registration is successful. If you see an error as below, close Maya and launch with administrative permissions (right-click the Maya shortcut > Run as Administrator)
Please sign in to leave a comment.