- I want to collaborate on a project with someone else.
- I've purchased a Unity DevOps subscription and now I need to link Unity Version Control to my project.
- How do I link my Plastic SCM subscription to my Unity project?
|Please note: You must be the organization owner to signup for any Unity subscription or service. If you are not the organization owner, and simply looking to join a project, please contact your organization owner to invite you to the appropriate project repo.|
To get started, you'll need to sign up for Unity DevOps. Please see the article, 'How do I sign up for Unity DevOps?', for more information.
Now that you have your subscription set up, you need to create a Unity Version Control System (UVCS) organization within the Unity dashboard. Click DevOps > Version Control > UVCS organizations.
After you create your UVCS organization, you can invite new members to your organization and assign DevOps seats to them. For how to do so, see the article, 'How do I invite members to my Unity Version Control System (UVCS) organization?'.
If you've already created your project within the Unity Editor, you just need to link this to Version Control (Plastic SCM). Please follow the steps below:
- Launch your Unity project.
- Click the Plastic SCM icon in the top left corner (this may be on the right side depending on how you have your Editor view set up).
- The Plastic SCM tab opens alongside your console. Create your Plastic SCM workspace and you're ready to go!
You can manage your users, and view your changesets, etc directly from the Unity Dashboard DevOps section.
Unity has a huge amount of helpful documentation available regarding DevOps, and Version Control. We encourage all users to view the following pages and e-book for a deeper understanding of the services involved: