- Why is the developer portal getting deprecated?
The Vivox Developer Portal is being deprecated because Vivox has integrated its services, now known as Voice and Text Chat, with the Unity Dashboard. This integration allows for a more streamlined and cohesive experience for developers.
- When is the developer portal getting deprecated?
The developer portal is scheduled to be deprecated on November 12th, 2023. After this date, it will no longer be accessible or available for use.
- How do I know if I need to migrate my projects from the Vivox Developer Portal to the Unity Dashboard?
If you are on the standard pricing plan for Vivox (Voice and Text Chat) then you will need to migrate your projects. This migration doesn’t currently apply to our custom pricing customers.
- Does the developer portal deprecation affect my live services?
No, the deprecation of the developer portal does not affect your live services. The deprecation specifically relates to the developer portal itself and the management of projects through that platform. Your live services utilizing Vivox (Voice and Text Chat) will continue to function as usual.
- What would happen to my projects if I don’t migrate them before the deadline?
If you don't migrate your projects before the deadline, you will lose access to them. This means you won't be able to manage or interact with your projects through the developer portal anymore, and any associated data or configurations will no longer be accessible.
- What is the Unity Dashboard?
Unity Dashboard is a centralized platform that provides a comprehensive set of tools for managing Unity Gaming Services’ projects. You can find more information on how to navigate the Unity Dashboard and how to manage your projects in our documentation.
- How do I migrate my projects to the Unity Dashboard?
For steps on how to migrate your projects from the developer portal to Unity Dashboard please visit this article: How to Migrate a Vivox Developer Portal Organization to the Unity Dashboard.
- Can I still access Vivox documentation?
Yes, you can still access Vivox documentation even after the deprecation of the developer portal.