- I have purchased some assets that have since been updated.
- I would like to know how to update my purchased assets.
- I have updated my version of Unity and would like to update an asset I have purchased so it is compatible.
- I wish to check what assets can be updated for my project.
Just as we release patches to update Unity itself, our publishers also release updates for their assets. This might be for bug-fixing, or to increase compatibility with new versions. Either way, it may be beneficial to you to update your purchased assets.
There are two different ways to update your packages depending on the Editor version that you are currently using.
Editor versions 2020.1 and above:
- Launch a new or existing project using the Unity Hub (make sure you are logged into your Unity account).
- Once your project is open, click Window > Package Manager.
- Click the drop-down to select which packages you want to be shown.
- Click My Assets.
5. Select the asset you want to update from the list of packages, if an update is available, you'll see an arrow pointing up (↑).
6. Click the 'Update' button.
When the progress bar finishes, the new Asset Store package version information appears in the details view, and is immediately available to import.
Editor versions 2019.4 and below:
- Open the Unity Editor and launch an existing project (or create a new one).
- Click Window > Asset Store. (Log into your Unity account to access the Asset Store, if required).
- Click on the My Assets icon.
4. If the package needs to be updated, there will be a blue Update button. Selecting this will update the package to the latest version.
Tip: If you have a lot of packages, by default, your packages will be sorted by purchase/ redemption date. You also have a list of options to search for specific packages in the form of a search bar, sort type or filters.
Users can also see which assets have an update available by clicking the Update available checkmark button at the right side of the screen as shown in the below image. This feature is available on 2018 and 2019 versions of Unity editor.
If you are a Publisher and wish to submit an update for one of your assets, please see the guidance for this in Submitting an asset and Submission guidelines.
Can I download an Asset without opening the Unity Editor? Is it possible to use Unity Assets within another game engine?