- I need to share an asset with another developer on my team.
- I want to consolidate all of my Asset Store purchases into one Unity account.
- I have purchased assets on a former employee's account and need to move the assets to a central account.
- I have purchased a Multi-Entity or Single-Entity asset license. How do I give my colleagues access to this asset?
For security reasons, asset purchases are attached to the purchasing account. However, we understand there are different reasons why you may need to transfer assets between organizations.
Unity currently has three different ways of addressing asset transfers. Each process has different benefits and requirements, so you can explore and choose the one that best fits your needs.
Assigning the asset seat to a different user.
If you are looking at transferring your asset because this was meant for a different user, we recommend that you use our asset seat assignation system instead. This procedure is completely managed by you so it is faster.
For full steps, please see the Knowledge Base article 'How do I assign asset seats?'.
Requesting your asset migration with Unity Customer Experience.
If you would still like to have the asset completely transferred to a different Unity organization, you will need to submit a support request with the Unity Customer Experience team.
When submitting your ticket, please include the following information:
- Asset name
- Invoice number
- Email from the recipient account
- For security reasons, only account owners can request an asset transfer and you may need to have access to both Unity organizations.
- Once an asset is transferred, we do not have the option to transfer it back.
- We are not able to transfer individual assets. We can only transfer all assets in an organization or an orders.
Requesting a refund and purchasing in the correct account.
Alternatively, if you would rather have your asset associated with a different Unity ID and you have not downloaded the asset, you can request a refund by following the steps outlined in the article, 'How do I request a refund on an asset?'. Once your refund is approved, you can repurchase the asset using the correct Unity ID.