- I have submitted a post in Unity Answers.
- The moderators have rejected my post.
We want our Community pages to be as easy to navigate as possible.
When creating a post, please make sure your question is clear and specific, ensuring that you include enough information to help other users understand the problem.
There are several reasons for questions or answers to be rejected or closed. Each moderator decides to publish or reject a post according to their own judgment and by following the Moderator Guidelines.
Usually, if one of our Answers moderators have rejected an Answers post, it is due to one of the following reasons:
- Your question has already been answered in a different post: Please make sure to search for your question before posting, just in case another user has already answered it.
- Your post does not contain enough information: You will be more likely to receive help from our community if you are clear and specific about the problem. Including a section of your code can sometimes help as well, along with information about what you have tried already.
- Your post contains many different, unrelated questions: For the sake of clarity, it's best to have different posts for different topics.
- Your post is not formatted correctly: Code needs to be formatted using the 101/010 button. Please make sure to break your post up into several parts, so it's clear, and make sure there is a question in your post.
- Asking us to fix your code: Having a look at the scripting tutorials on the Learn page will help you become more familiar with scripting in Unity.
- Posting about a specific compiling error or NullReferenceException: There are many questions with answers already. Please have a look at those posts to get hints on what could be your issue.
If your question was closed or rejected, you can still view any comments left for that closed post in the activity panel on your Unity Answers profile page.
Please take a look at the Answers FAQ for more guidelines on posting questions.
If you feel that there has been an error with your post's rejection, please contact Customer Service, who will review your case.
Please sign in to leave a comment.