- Every time I try to download an asset it says "You are currently offline".
You want to download assets that you have purchased from the Asset Store. You try to launch your Unity Asset Store account, but you get a window saying that your are offline even though your internet connection has not dropped.
You probably have a firewall or proxy in place. These can block the connection to our servers. To ensure you are not running the Asset Store from behind a proxy server:
- Go to 'Settings'
- Click 'Network & Internet'
- Click 'Proxy' on the left side menu
- Ensure all switches are set to 'Off'
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network.
- In the list, select the network service you use — for example, Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Click Advanced, then click Proxies.
- De-select all applicable settings.
Any third-party VPN should also be disabled whilst attempting to access the Unity Asset Store.
In addition to the above, some anti-virus software can also interrupt the connection to the Unity servers. Ensure you have whitelisted 'assetstore.unity.com' in your settings and are using the latest Unity Hub version (if applicable).