- Open in Unity does not work.
- Open in Unity does not open the asset.
- Open in Unity does not download the asset.
When the Open in Unity button does not immediately start the download of an asset, this could indicate that your machine is unable to launch the Unity project and the Package Manager automatically or that there is a connectivity issue in your network.
If the Open in Unity button does not launch your project automatically, please open the project in Unity first and then you can go back and click the Open in Unity button again. This should open the Package Manager so you can start the download. For the full steps on how to download an asset, please see the article How do I download an asset?.
If you have already opened a project and the error continues, make sure that you have pop-up windows enabled in your browser. If this doesn't help to resolve the issue, it may be that there is a connection error preventing the download. In that case, we recommend you check the following:
- That you are signed in to your Unity ID via the Unity Hub. Please make sure it is the purchasing account.
- That the Unity Editor versions you have installed are compatible with the asset you are intending to download. If the asset is not supported in 2020.X (for example), try using a previous version of the Editor. The process to download assets has changed since Unity 2020.X was released. To learn more about downloading assets, please see the Unity Knowledge Base article, 'How do I download an asset?
You may also need to troubleshoot network settings to eliminate a connectivity issue. To do so, please follow these suggestions:
- If a proxy is running on your network, go into the settings and allow ports 80 and 443.
- If any antivirus/firewall software is running, try temporarily disabling this to see if that allows Unity to open. Some applications can be blocked by these by default, so the settings may need updating.
- It may be that a weak or intermittent internet connection is causing the problem. For example, if WIFI with a weak signal is being used, try using an ethernet cable for a more reliable connection.
If after following this guide you still cannot open the asset in Unity, please submit a support request with Unity Customer Experience including the asset name and a screen recording of all the steps you are taking while attempting the download.