- I would like to offer a discount on my asset.
- Am I allowed to offer a discount on my asset outside of the official Asset Store sales?
- Can I create a personal sale?
You would like to lower the price of your existing asset. This could be part of a plan to increase sales. Alternatively, this could part of a deal you would like to offer to your customers outside of an official Unity sale.
You are able to personally discount your assets on the Asset Store as part of a self-managed promotion or marketing campaign. There are, however, rules in doing so.
Please see the following set of rules you must abide by should you decide to host a personal sale:
- The only place on your asset page where you can state the discount is in the descriptive text of the asset. Any changes to the artwork, such as banners or logos that draw attention to a separate 'sale' to the Asset Store's own sales, are prohibited.
- Personal sales can not last longer than a two-week period. Failure to restore your original price within two weeks may result in any mention of a sale being removed from your product's details without notice.
- Sale periods must be separated by at least 2 months.
- Details of your sale must be provided in your description text. The sale period and regular price must be mentioned.
- You are not allowed to include any sale-related graphics throughout your package’s imagery.
- You may not promote your product as being included in any sales or features hosted by Unity Technologies that you are not officially included in.
- To be considered for an official Unity-organized sale, your package must maintain a consistent price for at least 2 months prior. A price increase due to a large update will not disqualify you from being included in a sale.
- After being included in an official sale, your package cannot be reduced for at least 6 weeks.
- New assets may begin on sale for the first two weeks of launch, as long as this sale is stated in the product description with the regular price listed.
|Please note: before making any price changes to your assets, see section 4.2 Pricing and Sales of the Asset Store Submission Guidelines.|
You can change the price of your asset via the Unity Publisher Portal. Prices can be changed within the Details tab for your selected package.
Make sure to state the price change in the Changelog text box within the Release notes tab.
Next, you need to state the price change in the Description text box. For example, the price to and from and for how many days the price is being reduced.
Once you have added the new price changes to your asset for submission, your asset is reviewed by the Asset Store curation team similarly to a new update. Once approved, the changes appear in the Asset Store.
|Please note: When discounting your own assets on the store, the asset will not have a sale tag or the previous amount at which the asset price was displayed, for example, Was $20.00, now $15.00. These are only used for official Asset Store sales.|
This FAQ does not mention that personal sales are restricted to two weeks in duration: see https://unity3d.com/asset-store/sell-assets/submission-guidelines
Thanks for the comment.
In case you need assistance from Unity Customer Service, please contact Unity support.
@... , Charlotte's comment is clearly spam advertising and should be deleted.
Thank you for your comment.
We've deleted Charlotte's comment accordingly.
Are there videotuts about this Youtube?
If so, provide a link Youtube Please.... :)
Hi Shokirov Maxmudjon
Thanks for your question.
However, regarding your request, Is there any issue or concern you want to know in particular about discounts on assets? If you do, you can ask for assistance from Unity support.
I made a draft from my asset, decreased the old price, then pushed "Submit", but after several days of reviewing my asset had been added to the "published" section with same old price. How can I change the price?
Please sign in to leave a comment.