- A package on the Asset Store says ‘Extension Asset: one license required for each individual user’, how is this different from other packages?
- I want my whole team/ more than one person to have access to an asset but on the Asset Store description, it says I need to purchase one license per seat.
If you are buying an Extension Asset, you will be required to purchase multiple copies (seats) for the asset if multiple users will have access to it.
Any asset found under the Tools category falls under a license type collectively known as Extension Assets.
When purchasing an Extension Asset, you will be able to change the quantity via the shopping cart. This number represents the quantity of seats/ copies. The asset’s cost is per seat.
If you already own the Extension Asset, but need to purchase more seats, you can do so via your Unity ID or directly via the Asset Store:
Purchasing through the Asset Store:
- Sign in to your Unity ID you used to purchase the asset.
- Open the Asset Store and find the asset you want to purchase again.
- Click the Download button on the asset page.
- An option will be displayed allowing you to purchase more seats by changing the quantity.
Purchasing through your Unity ID:
- Sign in to the Unity ID used to purchase the asset.
- Click on Organizations and choose the Organization you want to purchase more asset seats for.
- On the left side menu, click on Asset management. You can see the list of assets the Organization owns.
- Find the asset you want to add more seats and click on the cart icon to proceed.
Important: You must be an Owner in the Organization to purchase assets.