- I want to know what an Extension Asset license covers.
- I want to know what a Multi Entity license covers.
- I want to know what a Single Entity license covers.
- I want to buy an asset but I see two license purchase options. Which one should I choose?
- I want to understand the type of license I am purchasing.
- What is an Extension Asset?
Single Entity & Multi Entity assets
Single Entity - If an asset is not categorized as Editor Extension, Scripting, or Services and the END-USER purchaser of the license is a company or other business, then it can be shared with any employee within that company or business. This option is typically for a single user or single company.
- Multi Entity - This covers parent, child, and sister companies, as well as contractors on a project. Multiple people across different branches of a company can use and access the raw asset files.
Example: Jessi works for Unity as a digital artist and wants to use a 3D model she's found on the Unity Asset Store in her project. Since Jessi is working on this project with her direct team which consists of 10 people, all working at Unity, she only needs to purchase a Single Entity license type.
Later, Jessi receives a message from Carlos, a software engineer at Ziva Dynamics, (a Unity-owned company, but a separate entity) asking for a seat to use the asset she purchased. In order for Jessi to share the asset with Carlos, she needs to purchase a Multi Entity license instead.