- I would like to give a new user access to my Unity Plus, Pro, or Enterprise license.
- I want to install Unity Mars.
- I have received the error: serial is not assigned to you, please contact the owner of the organization.. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- My company has purchased a Unity subscription, but I have not received a license key.
Before activating a license, users must be assigned a license seat by the Owner or Manager of the Unity organization.
Every Unity ID has a unique license key. As such, a key will not be generated until a seat is assigned to a user, and the license key cannot then be activated by another Unity user.
- Sign in to your Unity account at id.unity.com.
- Click Organizations on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the organization which is linked to the subscription you would like to assign the seats under.
- Click Manage (cog icon) to the right of your Unity subscription.
- Click the Manage seats tab.
- Click the box to the left of the users' name(s)/ email address(es).
- Click the blue Assign Seat(s) button.
After completing the above steps, each user receives an email containing their Unity license key.
|Note: Unity Mars subscriptions do not require a license key. Instead, you receive instructions on how to access your product via email.|
To make someone a Manager or Owner in your Unity organization, please see the article, 'As an owner of an organization, how do I assign roles to members?'.
Users can bring a Unity Pro license with them when collaborating on a project for another organization, but not the Unity Gaming Services as they are tied to the purchasing organization. That is to say, Unity Gaming Services can only be used on projects owned by their purchasing organization.