- I would like to give a new user access to my Unity Plus, Pro, or Enterprise license.
- I want to install Unity Mars.
- I have received the error: serial is not assigned to you, please contact the owner of the organization.. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- My company has purchased a Unity subscription, but I have not received a license key.
Before activating a license, users must be assigned a license seat by the Owner or Manager of the Unity organization.
Every Unity ID has a unique license key. As such, a key will not be generated until a seat is assigned to a user, and the license key cannot then be activated by another Unity user.
The resolution differs depending on the screen you’re directed to upon purchase.
If you clicked Complete onboarding on the final screen when purchasing or your subscription has been migrated to the Unity Dashboard, please click here to jump to your resolution.
To assign a Unity DevOps seat, please see the article, How do I invite members to my Unity Version Control System (UVCS) organization?
If your Unity subscription is housed at id.unity.com, please follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Unity account at id.unity.com.
- Click Organizations on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the organization which is linked to the subscription you would like to assign the seats.
- Click Manage (cog icon) to the right of your Unity subscription. (Note: If you’re unable to find your subscription listed on this page, it may be managed through the new system. If this is the case, click here to jump to your resolution.)
- Click the Manage seats tab.
- Click the box to the left of the user's name(s)/ email address(es).
- Click the blue Assign Seat(s) button.
|Note: Unity Mars subscriptions do not require a license key. Instead, you receive instructions on how to access your product via email.|
I clicked Complete onboarding at purchase or my subscription has been migrated to the Unity Dashboard
To assign a Unity subscription license to a user within your organization, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to dashboard.unity3d.com and sign in using your Unity ID credentials.
Using the left-hand menu, click Projects.
Using the left-hand menu, click Subscriptions.
Click on the Unity subscription you want to manage.
Click Seat management.
Click the blue Assign seat button.
Click the box to the right of the organization member you want to assign a license seat to > click Assign seat.
A small pop-up appears in the bottom right corner indicating that the seat has been successfully assigned. The user receives their license key via email.
|Note: Unity Plus is no longer available to purchase.|