- I want to transfer assets to my offline machine.
- I want to download assets to my offline machine.
- My machine cannot be connected to the Internet, how can I transfer my purchased assets to this computer?
Your project may currently be stored on an offline machine or environment, and you need to add assets that have been purchased on the Asset Store to the project.
To access your asset files and transfer them to another machine, follow these steps:
- Open the Unity Editor
- Download the asset via the Package Manager window. If you use Unity 2019.X or below, the asset can be downloaded via the Asset Store window.
- After the asset has been downloaded, the .unitypackage can be found in the following directories depending on your OS:
- *Please note: These folders are hidden by default.
- Windows - C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\[PublisherName]
- Mac - /Users/[UserName]/Library/Unity/Asset Store-5.x/[PublisherName]
The asset files can now be transferred to an external hard drive and added to an offline machine or another machine in your environment.
Please note: If you need all users in your offline environment to use the asset, you will need to share it via your internal network and ensure that each user is licensed appropriately, as per the Asset Store EULA.
A package I want to purchase on the Asset Store says 'Extension Asset: One license required for each individual user' under the license section. What does this mean?