- I would like to know how to download an asset I have purchased.
- I have not been sent a download link for my asset purchase.
- How do I download an asset using version 2020.1 and above?
- How do I download an asset I have purchased within Unity?
- How do I download
.WAVfiles purchased from the Asset Store?
As Unity does not ship Asset Store purchases using download links or product keys, you may need clarification about how to download your purchased or free asset.
As of Editor version 2020.1, Unity removed the Asset Store window from within the editor, and you may be new to downloading your purchases using the Package Manager.
The Unity Asset Store does not use download links. Assets can be downloaded via the Unity Editor only.
The resolution differs depending on which Editor version you are using. Use the links below to jump to the solution for your Editor version:
Editor versions 2020.1 and above:
- If you have already purchased your asset/added a free asset to My Assets, launch a new or existing project using the Unity Hub.
- After your project is open, you must open the Package Manager by clicking Window > Package Manager.
- Click the drop-down to select which packages you want to be shown.
- Click My Assets.
- Click the asset name you want to download from the left side list.
- Click Download in the package manager window.
After your asset has been downloaded, you can import it into your project or find the
To access the raw files, for example
.WAV files, you first need to 'unzip' the
.unitypackage by importing it into your project. After successfully importing the package, you can find the raw asset files in your project folder. For example:
- Windows -
C:\Users\[username]\[project name]\Assets\[asset name]
- Mac -
/Users/[UserName]\[project name]\Assets\[asset name]
Alternatively, browse the Asset Store using your internet browser and find the package you want to download.
- Click Open in Unity.
- This launches the Unity Hub.
- Create a new project or launch an existing one.
- This launches your project and brings up the Package Manager.
- Click Download in the Package Manager window.
Editor versions 2019.4 and below:
Please ensure you are logged into the Unity account on which the asset was purchased.
Please see the steps below on how to download assets once successfully purchased:
- Open the Unity Editor and launch an existing project (or create a new one).
- Click Window > Asset Store.
- Log into your Unity account to access the Asset Store if prompted.
- Find the asset you want to download using the search bar inside the Asset Store window at the top of the page. Alternatively, you can click your name in the top right-hand menu and click My Assets. This gives you a list of your purchases.
- When you're downloading an asset you have purchased previously, you can find the asset from the list and click Download to the right side.
- Alternatively, click the blue Download button on the store page when using the search function for new/free assets.
After you have downloaded your assets, they can be found in the following locations:
If you cannot reveal the Download or Import buttons upon pressing the Buy button, your purchase may not have been completed successfully.