- I am a Unity account user and would like to know what my Organization is.
- I have heard that my Projects/ licenses will be associated with my Organization and I would like to know what that means.
- I don’t know what an Organization is.
When you create a Unity ID, the system automatically creates a default Organization under your account. This default Organization has the same name as your account username. Developers that do not have their own studio can use this Organization when they make purchases for online subscriptions such as Unity Plus/ Pro, Unity Teams Advanced, and assets.
You can always add new Organizations to your Unity account or change their names. For example, if you are the head of a studio, you can add your studio name as an Organization, and eventually invite other people to join (such as the developers working at your studio, or freelancers you collaborate with on Projects).
Organizations are a way of organizing your Projects and licenses through our website. Subscription purchases are associated with your Organization.
This means that if you are part of a company, your licenses can be kept under a company Organization within Unity. The benefit of this is that if your account manager leaves their job, everyone on your team will still have the access they need.
You can also add Projects to your Organization to make them accessible to others in your team easily.
There are a number of administrative tasks you can perform using your Organizations, including:
- Assigning and revoking license seats to members in your Organization.
- Managing payment methods used to purchase subscriptions and assets.
- Controlling access to some Cloud-based features. Based on their job/ function, you can assign each Organization member access rights, for example, giving your Marketing Team access to see how much revenue a game generates in Unity Ads.
- Controlling access to Unity Cloud Build Projects within your Organization. You can organize members of your Organization into separate groups in which the members of a given group have access to specific Cloud Build Projects.