- How do I remove seats from my subscription?
- I have seats that are no longer needed. How do I remove them?
- Someone has left my company, and I would like to remove their seat from my subscription.
You may want to reduce the number of seats you have for your subscription due to members of your team leaving, or changes to your work environment, for example.
Users who have an online subscription plan within a 12-month commitment period cannot reduce the number of seats on their subscription. However, users can choose how their subscription will renew once the 12-month commitment period is over.
The resolution differs depending on the screen you’re directed to upon purchase.
If you clicked Complete onboarding on the final screen when purchasing or your subscription has been migrated to the Unity Dashboard, please click here to jump to your resolution.
To reduce the number of seats on a subscription housed at id.unity.com (to take effect once the subscription renews), please see the steps below:
|Please note: This solution is for online users only. Users who have purchased licenses via our offline sales team must contact their Unity account executive to discuss.|
- Sign in at id.unity.com.
- Click Organizations to the left of the screen.
- Click the organization name associated with the subscription you want to manage.
- Click Manage (cog icon) next to the subscription. (Note: If you’re unable to find your subscription listed on this page, it may be managed through the new system. Click here to jump to your resolution.)
- Click the Manage subscription tab.
- Select the Scheduled renew option.
- Under Renewal options, reduce the number of seats tied to that specific subscription using the red minus button (-).
- Click Save.
If you are still in the 12-month commitment period, you only have the option to reduce the seats once the subscription renews. If you have an old ‘flex’ subscription, the seat reduction will be effective in the next billing period.
I clicked Complete Onboarding during purchase/ My subscription has been migrated to the Unity Dashboard
If your subscription is housed under the Unity Dashboard and you are the organization Owner, please follow the steps below to reduce your seat count upon renewal
- Navigate to dashboard.unity3d.com and sign in using your Unity ID credentials.
- Using the left-hand menu, click Projects.
- Using the left-hand menu, click Subscriptions.
- Click on the Unity subscription you want to manage.
- Click Plan Management > Configure plan.
- Reduce the number of seats using the minus button > click Confirm and review.
- Your plan configuration has been saved and your subscription renewal options have been updated.
If you are a Unity Enterprise or Unity Industry subscription holder, please contact Sales for seat number queries.
Non-Enterprise license holders can contact Support with any queries about their license seats.