- I would like to upgrade my subscription tier.
- I own a subscription license, but want to upgrade to a higher tier.
You may wish to upgrade your subscription to have greater access to additional Services, or due to meeting the revenue cap on your subscription current tier.
Please note: The process to upgrade a subscription is only available to users who have purchased through the online store. If you have purchased your subscription through the Sales Department, please contact your Unity Account Executive directly.
If you are the billable Owner of a Unity Organization, you can use your account settings dashboard to upgrade your subscription.
To upgrade a current subscription plan, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Unity ID.
- Click on Organizations on the left and then click the name of the Organization which contains the subscription you wish to upgrade.
- Under the Subscriptions heading, click on 'Manage' (the cog icon) to the right of the subscription you want to manage.
- On the following page, click the Manage Subscription tab.
Within the Manage Subscription tab, there are 2 options to choose, depending on your preference.
Scheduled Renew: Choose this renewal option to upgrade your subscription once your initial 12-month commitment period comes to an end.
Immediate Renew: Choose this renewal option to immediately upgrade your subscription. If you select this, you make your payment as soon as you click Save.
Please note: The option to upgrade your subscription and decrease seats is only available if your subscription is currently in a monthly 'flex' plan or if you choose Scheduled Renew. The change will take place once the first commitment period is over.
- Select Unity Pro and choose your payment plan.
When upgrading your subscription, you will notice there are two payment plans offered to upgrade:
- 1 year, paid monthly
- 1 year, prepaid
Once you have selected your upgrade option, click Save at the bottom of the page to move to checkout.
Please note: Upgrading your subscription from Unity Plus to Pro mid-commitment period, will begin a new commitment period of 12 months.
You cannot downgrade to a lower tier subscription until you have finished the 12-month commitment period of your current subscription.
You can read about our licenses terms here: Unity Terms of Service