- I tried to delete my Unity account, but it said that I couldn't do so without contacting support.
- I need to delete my account but something is blocking it.
In some cases, Unity has a business reason which prevents us from being able to delete your account immediately.
The possible reasons that would prevent account deletion can include:
- The account still has an active subscription or license, such as Plus, Pro or Teams Advanced.
- Having a subscription that is still within its initial 12 month commitment period.
- An outstanding balance, billing discrepancy or open asset order that needs to be settled.
- Being an Asset Store or Ads publisher and having a remaining balance that needs to be paid.
If any of these scenarios apply when requesting to delete your account, a dialogue box will appear for you to refer this to our Unity Privacy team (DPO), with an option to include a message which is sent to email@example.com.
When the DPO team has received your request, they contact Unity Support to make us aware that you want to delete the account, but there is an outstanding issue, as detailed above.
You are then be contacted directly by Unity Support to resolve the outstanding block and the team will work with you to delete the account.