- I would like to remove TFA from my account.
- How do I remove SMS 2FA from my account?
- I have a new mobile device and would like to disable my Two-Factor Authentication link with the old device before I add it to my new one.
- I am planning on changing the email address on my account to a new one and I would like to disable my Two-Factor Authentication link with my current email address before I add it to my new one.
Users can remove their Two-Factor Authentication (TFA) token at any time via their account page. This is particularly useful if you need to swap mobile devices or change the method by which you would like your code to be received.
|Note: If you no longer have access to your previous TFA device, please contact the Customer Experience team.|
- Sign in to your Unity ID.
- Click Security to the left of the screen.
- On the Account Security page, click Edit (pencil icon) to the right of the Two-Factor Authentication header.
- Here, you can see your existing TFA details. To remove these, press either Disable All or Remove (x icon). If you just want to change the phone number or Authenticator App to a new one, click Edit (pencil icon) to the right of your authentication method.
- Once pressed, you'll need to input a TFA code either sent to you via SMS or an authenticator app.
- To confirm the removal of TFA from your account, click Remove in the pop-up box shown.
- An email has now been sent to you to confirm TFA has been disabled.
If you encounter any issues with the above process, or you do not receive an SMS code, please contact the Customer Experience team.
For guidance on how to add TFA to your account, please refer to the article How do I enable Two-Factor Authentication on my account?