- I would like to remove Two-Factor Authentication from my account.
- I have a new mobile device and would like to disable my Two-Factor Authentication link with the old device, before I add it to my new one.
- I am planning on changing the email address on my account to a new one and I would like to disable my Two-Factor Authentication link with my current email address, before I add it to my new one.
Users can remove their Two-Factor Authentication (TFA) token at any time via their account page. This is particularly useful if you need to swap mobile devices or change the method of which you would like your code to be received.
- Sign in to your Unity ID.
- Click Security to the left of the screen.
- In the Account Security page, click the Edit button (pencil icon) to the right of the Two-Factor Authentication header.
- Here, you can see your existing TFA details. To remove these, press either Disable All or Remove (x icon). If you just want to change the phone number or Authenticator App to a new one, click Edit (pencil icon) to the right of your authentication method.
- Once pressed, you'll need to input a TFA code either sent to you via SMS or the Authenticator App.
- To confirm the removal of TFA from your account, click Remove in the pop-up box shown.
- An email has now been sent to you to confirm TFA has been disabled.
If you encounter any issues with the above process, contact Customer Service.
For guidance on how to add TFA to your account, please refer to the article How do I enable Two-Factor Authentication on my account?