- When attempting to activate my Unity License I receive a ‘’Machine Identification Is Invalid For Current License’’ error.
Generally speaking, the error 'Machine Identification is invalid for current license', is caused by the Unity License File (ULF) attaching itself to the incorrect network adaptor.
- Close all Unity applications (to quit Unity Hub on Windows, right-click the system tray icon and select 'Quit Unity Hub')
- Press Start
- Type Control Panel into Windows search
- Navigate to Network and Sharing Centre
- Navigate to Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your primary network adapter
- Select Disable from the context menu
- Wait about 15 seconds
- Right-click on the primary network adapter again
- Select Enable from the context menu
- Reactive your Unity license by following the steps in the article 'How do I activate my license?'.