- I want to buy an asset and I have been given two license purchase options.
- I want to know what a ‘Multi Entity’ license covers.
- I want to know what a ‘Single Entity’ license covers.
Upon purchase of an asset that isn’t in the category of ‘Extension Asset’, you will be given two purchase options upon checkout: ‘Multi-Entity’ & ‘Single-Entity’.
You may wish to use an asset among a team of people.
Providing the asset you're purchasing does not fall into the licensing category of ‘Extension Asset’, you will be given two purchase options depending on which license you need.
- Single Entity - If an asset is not categorized as “Editor Extension”, “Scripting”, or “Services” and the END-USER purchaser of the license is a company or other business, then it can be shared with any employee within that company or business. This option is typically for a single user or single company.
- Multi Entity - This covers parent, child, and sister companies, as well as contractors on a project. Multiple people will use and have access to the asset files.
If an asset is categorized as an ‘Extension Asset’ or 'Seat', under the License section on the asset’s description page, one seat (copy) will need to be purchased for each person that will use or have access to the asset.
Note: In these cases, the ‘Multi Entity’ option is not available.