- I want to know how to install ArtEngine.
The following instructions are valid for ArtEngine versions 2020.13 and above. Instructions for versions 2020.12 and below are available further down the page.
Once you have an ArtEngine subscription, follow these steps to install ArtEngine:
Assigning ArtEngine Seats using Unity ID
To begin using ArtEngine, you will first need to assign yourself an ArtEngine Seat.
- Go to the Unity ID page and sign in using the Unity ID account you used to subscribe to ArtEngine.
- Once you’re signed in, navigate to the Organizations tab from the left-hand side menu, and select your organization that has the ArtEngine subscription.
- From the Subscriptions list, select your type of ArtEngine subscription.
- On the following page, select the account to which you want to assign a Seat, and click Assign Seat(s).
Installing the ArtEngine application
Once you’ve assigned yourself a Seat via your Unity ID account, you can proceed with installing the software.
- Download ArtEngineInstaller.exe using the link shared in the subscription confirmation email.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard to complete the installation.
- When you launch ArtEngine for the first time, you will see the ArtEngine Updater window. Click Sign in.
- If you are not signed in with your Unity ID account, you will be redirected to a webpage prompting you to do so. Please sign in using the Unity ID account which has your ArtEngine subscription.
- If you get a pop-up from your browser requesting to open the Artomatix.Updater app, tick the checkbox to always allow opening links of this type (optional) and click Open Artomatix.Updater.
- Once you are signed in, you will be redirected back to the Artomatix Updater window. Click Activate Your License. Make sure you have assigned yourself an ArtEngine seat beforehand.
- In the next window, click Save License Request.
- Save the .alf file in a desired location on your computer. You can give it any name you like.
- Back in the Artomatix Updater window, click Go.
- You will be redirected to the license activation page in your browser. On this page, click Browse and locate the .alf file you saved earlier. Then, click Next.
- On the following page, make sure ArtEngine is selected and click Next.
- On the next page, click Download license file. Save the ArtEngineLicense.xml file to your preferred location.
- Go back to ArtEngine Updater. Click on the field that says License File* and locate the License File (ArtEngineLicense.xml) you downloaded in the previous step.
- The Updater will not proceed with the full installation of ArtEngine. The software will launch automatically once this step is completed.
Note: If you are launching ArtEngine for the first time on your computer, the splash screen will take a few more minutes to initialize. Subsequent launches will be quicker.
Installing older versions of ArtEngine
If you are installing an ArtEngine version 2020.12 or lower which still uses an Artomatix account, follow these steps instead:
- Download the ArtEngine installer executable that was sent to you via email, as well as the file with your license key.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard to complete the initial installation.
- The first time you launch ArtEngine, you will see a window prompting you to provide a license key. Click Browse.
- In the File Explorer window that appears, navigate to where you have stored your license key (this is the license file which was sent out to you via an email from Artomatix).
- In the following window, enter the log-in details of your Artomatix account, and click Login.
- In the next window, click Install to proceed with the installation of ArtEngine.
- Once the installation is complete, click Launch to start ArtEngine.
Check out our Knowledge Base for tips and tricks on how to get the best results with ArtEngine.