- I’m trying to launch ‘ArtEngine’ but it’s not working.
Whether it is the updater not launching, nor the actual program, the program not launching can happen for multiple reasons.
- Outdated graphics card driver.
- Outdated GPU driver.
- Non-admin rights when launching the software.
- Your machine does not meet the minimum system requirements to launch the software.
First, make sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements found in the Artomatix Knowledge Base.
Update the GPU driver:
The minimum driver version is 417.35 (for Nvidia GPUs). If you want to be able to use ArtEngine, you need to have this driver installed or a more recent one.
- Open up GeForce Experience (if you are using an Nvidia GPU).
- Navigate to the 'Drivers' tab.
- Click 'Check for updates'.
- Click 'Download' if an update has been found.
- Wait for the update to be finished.
- Launch the program again.
Update the Preferred Graphic Processor (GPU):
- Right Click on your desktop.
- Click NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click Manage 3D Settings on the left menu.
- Click on the Preferred graphics processor drop down menu under the Global Settings tab.
- Select High-performance NVIDIA processor from the list.
- Launch the application.
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 - Update 3:
Make sure that you have the right C++ redistributables installed. You can download them in the Microsoft website.
Make sure that you have admin privileges when launching the build:
Some users experience issues with services not running if they are not administrators. To ensure you are launching the build with admin permissions:
- Right click the icon
- Click ‘Run as Administrator’
If the above fixes still do not work, try re-installing ArtEngine.
Still having issues running the build?
If the previously mentioned fixes do not help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the log files to your email:
To access your log files:
To access the folder, you can paste and enter this path in the default windows explorer: explorer:%appdata%/.artomatix
Then, in the 'Logs' folder, please send us the create.log and updater.log file.
Check out our knowledge base for tips and tricks on how to get the best results with ArtEngine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at ‘email@example.com’ or submit a request with our Support Team.