- Why is ArtEngine not launching?
- I am trying to launch ArtEngine, but it is not working.
There can be multiple reasons which cause ArtEngine or the Artomatix Updater not to launch correctly. Below are some troubleshooting steps you can take to try and resolve the problem.
If the steps listed in this article do not help, please contact Artomatix Support at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your ArtEngine log files to your email.
To find your log files, refer to the article 'I have been asked to provide log files to Artomatix Support. Where can I find them?'.
Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements to run ArtEngine
You can check the minimum system requirements for ArtEngine on the Knowledge Base.
Update your graphics card driver
ArtEngine requires a minimum driver version of 417.35 for NVIDIA GPUs. If you are unable to run ArtEngine, updating to the latest driver might solve the issue.
You can download the latest NVIDIA GPU driver from the NVIDIA website.
If you are using GeForce Experience, you can follow these steps to update your driver:
- Open up GeForce Experience.
- Navigate to the Drivers tab.
- Click the Check For Updates button.
- If an update has been found, choose either Express Installation or Custom Installation, depending on your preference.
- Wait for the update to be finished.
- Try launching ArtEngine again.
Install the right version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Make sure that you have the right C++ Redistributable installed. You can download it from the Microsoft website.
The version needed for ArtEngine is Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 - Update 3. Please note that you can have more than one version installed on your PC at a time, so it’s always best to check that you have the correct one.
Check that ArtEngine is launching via a dedicated graphics card
If you are using a laptop or if your desktop has more than one graphics card, you can check to make sure that ArtEngine is launching via your NVIDIA GPU instead of integrated graphics.
To change the GPU used to run ArtEngine, you can do the following:
- Right click anywhere on your desktop.
- From the context menu, select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- In the left-hand side menu, go to Manage 3D settings.
- Go to the Program Settings tab.
- In the dropdown menu below, find and select ArtEngine. If you cannot find ArtEngine, click on Add instead, and navigate to the ArtEngine executable; then click Add Selected Program.
- In the Preferred Graphics Processor dropdown menu, select High-performance NVIDIA processor from the list.
- Close the 3D settings menu and launch ArtEngine again.
Run ArtEngine as Administrator
Some users experience issues when not running ArtEngine with Administrator privileges.
To run the program as Administrator, do the following:
- Right-click the ArtEngine executable or shortcut.
- From the context menu, choose Run as Administrator.
- You may get a UAC prompt from windows, asking you to confirm running the program as Administrator. If this happens, click OK.
If all of the above suggestions fail to get the program to launch, you can try uninstalling ArtEngine and going through the installation process again.
Check out our Knowledge Base for tips and tricks on how to get the best results with ArtEngine.