- I have purchased an asset on my account and I need other members of my Organization to access it.
- I would like to share an asset I have purchased with the rest of my team.
- I cannot see my asset under the My Assets section in my Asset Store account.
On May 12th 2020, Unity introduced a feature which allows organization owners to assign asset purchases to any member of their organization. This is similar in nature to subscription license seats and how they are managed.
|Please note: Any assets purchased before May 12, 2020, will not appear under the Asset Management section of your organization.|
If you have assets purchased before May 12, 2020, that you would like converted to the Asset Management system, please contact Customer Experience. We can convert your old asset purchases so you can manage the entitlement yourself.
Assigning assets via the Unity ID page is supported for both seat-based assets and service-based assets (Asset Store license types: Extension Assets, Single and Multi Entity assets).
Seat-based assets (Extension Assets) have a limited seat number, depending on how many seats you purchase. Service-based assets (Single and Multi Entity) have unlimited seats upon purchase.
To assign an asset to a user:
- Sign in to your Unity ID at id.unity.com.
- Click Organizations to the left of the screen.
- Click on the organization used to purchase. (If not changed using the Organization switch feature, select your default Organization)
- Click Asset Management to the left of the screen.
- Hover over the asset you would like to manage.
- Click the Manage seats button.
- Click the box to the right of the user(s) you want to give access to.
- Click the blue Assign Seat(s) button.
The asset will now appear under the My Assets section under your Unity Asset Store account.
Please note: Free assets cannot be assigned. Each user needing access to a free asset can acquire these assets as normal via the Asset Store by downloading it individually. These are then tied to the user's default Organization automatically.
Note: Assigning asset seats is only available for assets purchased after May 12, 2020.