- I am unable to activate my license within the Unity Hub without receiving a server/ license error.
- When I try to activate my license key, I see the error message "Failed To Reach Unity License Server".
- When I try to return the activation on my machine, I see the error message "Failed To Reach Unity License Server".
The error Failed to reach Unity license server is an indication that there is a connectivity issue between your machine and our license servers.
To resolve this issue, troubleshoot each of the below points:
- You have a firewall or proxy in place. These can block the connection to our servers. Allow these ports in your settings: 80 and 443.
- You have antivirus software that is blocking the connection. Disable this and retry activation process.
- You have a weak or intermittent internet connection - this is less likely than the points above. Some users will have an internal network and lack of internet access (verify if you can ping to https://core.cloud.unity3d.com/api/login on the command line).
You can also try whitelisting commonly used URLs relating to any unity3d.com
addresses in the settings for your proxy/ firewall.
An addition to the above, to verify if it is a CACerts.pem issue, follow the code linked here:
https://github.com/justin-zheng/travisbuildtest the CACerts.pem is included in the repository.
If the above steps still do not resolve the error, you will need to manually activate your license instead. Guidance for the manual activation process can be found in the Unity Manual.
We can only give you suggestions on the activation process as firewalls, IP's and proxy setups can differ quite dramatically from place to place.
If you continue to have trouble after trying all the troubleshooting steps, contact Customer Service.
Please sign in to leave a comment.