- I don’t know my Helpshift domain.
- I cannot find my Helpshift login screen.
- I need to log in to Helpshift but I don’t know how.
- I forgot my Helpshift password.
- I don’t know how or why I'd reset my Helpshift password.
- I cannot find the reset link for my password.
- The Helpshift login screen asks me to complete a puzzle.
- I don’t understand how to use single sign-on (SSO) with Helpshift.
There are several possible reasons why you might struggle briefly to log in to Helpshift. The most common reasons are as follows:
Helpshift may not have finished your provisioning. Until provisioning is finished, there is no server instance (tenant) yet for you to use. Provisioning is typically finished within 24 hours.
You may not have received an invitation yet to finish setting up your Helpshift account. When this is the case, you are prevented, temporarily, from logging in, and so you must await or request the necessary invitation.
You may know for a fact that you forgot your Helpshift password. When this is the case, you can request to reset your password.
Your Helpshift instance may show you a special kind of puzzle, called a CAPTCHA, during a login attempt. When this is the case, you must solve the CAPTCHA to finish logging in.
Your Helpshift instance might be configured to use single sign-on (SSO), trusting and accepting your valid access to another system — such as Google, for example — as proof of your right to use Helpshift.
When your Helpshift instance is configured to use SSO, you can choose among the specific SSO providers that your login screen cites. Then, whichever provider you choose must confirm your identity to Helpshift. If your attempts to log in with SSO all fail, please contact email@example.com.
You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org in any of the following scenarios:
- provisioning takes much longer than 24 hours.
- you do not know your Helpshift domain.
- you want to request a replacement invitation or a new password.
- problems prevent you from seeing or using the page at https://<your_instance>.helpshift.com/login.
- you cannot get past a CAPTCHA for Helpshift.