- When I try to publish my game into Unity Play, I see the error "Something went wrong: Failed to Receive Data". How do I fix this?
- After seeing the error "Something went wrong: Failed to Receive Data", when I close out the Publish window, the console says "Curl error 56: Receiving data failed with unitytls error code 1048578". How do I fix this?
- The publishing upload screen gets to 7%-27% before giving me an error.
We are aware of some issues surrounding the mini-game templates downloaded and opened through the Learn tab within the Hub. Whilst we work on fixing the root cause of these problems, we have some workarounds for you to publish your games to Unity Play.
If you have finished your project but cannot publish it through the Editor, you can publish your project manually at play.unity.com:
- Build your project to WebGL - you can find the steps for this in the Learn Tutorial, How to publish for WebGL.
- Go to the location of the WebGL build on your machine.
- Zip the folder.
- Go to play.unity.com and sign in.
- Click Post in the top right corner of the page.
- Drag & drop your zipped WebGL folder into the box or click Upload File and find your project in the file explorer.
- Fill out the details for your game. When you're done, click Save.
If you haven't finished or started your project, creating a new project using the included templates rather than the Learn tab will resolve many issues encountered during publishing:
- Launch the Hub and sign in to your Unity ID.
- Click Projects to the left of the screen.
- Click the blue NEW button to the right of the screen.
- The New Project window opens.
- On the right side of the New Project window, scroll down to find the template you want to/ are using (download the template if needed).
- Click the blue CREATE button & follow the on-screen instructions (if applicable).
- Your new project will launch (this may take several minutes).
I'm having a similar problem:
However, i'm not using a template Microgame; as a test scenario, I created a scene with only a sphere that falls on a cube. It compiles but when i want to publish it from the editor (using the WebGL Publisher), i get "Something Went Wrong" and "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error"
Thank you for your comment. I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues here. I can certainly help you with this.
As this is a little bit technical to advise on, it is best that I open a ticket for you and reach out to you via email with some troubleshooting steps. I will be in touch shortly!
If there is anything else you need in the meantime, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or alternatively, you can submit a ticket via this web form.
I'm having a similar problem. The game is built and can be played on a local host but when I drag the zipped folder to post it the game uploads but won't play. It just loads up 90% then does nothing.
Please sign in to leave a comment.