- I’m not sure how to set in-app messages
- I want to get started with in-app messages
- I want to know best practices for using in-app messages for gaming
- I was to develop an in-app message strategy for my game or game studio
You’re interested in using in-app messaging but aren’t sure where to start or what best practices are for gaming.
Most game developers understand how vital push notifications are to re-engage users and prevent churn. Once a user has exited your game, offering them a compelling reason and opportunity to return is a no-brainer. Sharing in-game events and connecting with users while they’re active is equally important, but may require more nuanced implementation. In addition to finding the right SDK or building your messaging infrastructure, it can be challenging to toe the line between encouraging engagement and distracting players. We’ve outlined six intuitive ways to use in-app messaging to enrich your player experience without causing friction.
We have a variety of content created specifically for game developers:
- 6 Unobtrusive Ways to use in-app Messaging in Mobile Games
- Everything Game Developers Need to Know about Push Notifications and Customer Messaging (written by our CEO, George Deglin)
- How-to Guide: Get Started with messaging for gaming
- Mastering Customer Communication in Mobile Games
Everything Game Developers Need to Know about Push Notifications and Customer Messaging (written by our CEO, George Deglin)