- I haven’t used Unity before and want to know how to activate my license.
- I want to manually activate a Plus, Pro, or Enterprise license but the Unity Hub isn’t letting me do it.
- My project isn’t launching.
- I see an error during the online activation process.
If you aren’t able to activate your Unity license online, the Unity Editor won't open.
For example, if your internet connection is interrupted, or if you use a closed network, the online activation will fail.
Unity Personal Plan users:
Unity Personal users will not be able to activate their licenses offline. If you wish to activate your license offline, please purchase Unity Pro on our Store page.
Plus, Pro, and Unity Student users:
If you cannot activate your Unity license online, or you receive errors during the regular activation process, the usual workaround is to activate offline (manual activation).
To manually activate your license, follow these steps:
- Launch the Unity Hub.
- Click the account icon in the top left of the window to log in to your Unity ID.
- Click Preferences (cog icon) in the top left of the window.
- Click Licenses in the left menu.
- Click Add.
- Click Activate with license request.
- Click Create license request and save the file to the chosen location on your computer, such as your desktop.
- Click the license.unity3d.com/manual link to open the manual activation page.
- If prompted, log in with your Unity ID.
- On the Manual activation page, click Browse and select the license request file from the location you saved it in step 7. Click Next.
- If using a Unity Plus or Pro license, enter your serial number and click Next.
- Click Download license file and save the .ulf file to your computer.
- Open the Unity Hub’s How to activate an existing license window (Preferences > Licenses > Add > Activate with license file).
- Load the license file (.ulf) you saved in an earlier step by clicking the folder icon.
- Select the .ulf license file and click Open or Select file.
- Click Activate.
Your Unity license is now activated.
|Note: Unity Plus is no longer available to purchase.|
If you encounter any problems, please contact Customer Experience, detailing the steps taken. If possible, include screenshots of any errors you encountered.
If you receive the error “Your serial number is not valid”, you might have to return a previous activation.
Refer to the article, How do I return the activations on my Pro/ Plus/ Enterprise license?