- I am running the Server and the Client on the same computer.
- I am unable to open the Unity Editor or build from the command line, even though I can successfully obtain a license from the Server using the command line argument --acquire-floating.
- I am running version 1.8.0 or older of the Licensing Server.
- Clients on different machines are able to open the Unity Editor without any issues.
- My license .xml files have duplicate entitlement group ids.
Running the Server and Client on the same machine is not supported in version 1.8.0 and older of the Licensing Server. In this case, the Server license and the Floating license will have the same EntitlementGroupID and so the Unity Licensing Client ignores it to prevent the duplication of seats.
It is recommended that you set up a dedicated physical machine to run the License Server on separately in order to resolve this issue. If you have already set up your License Server and wish to move to another machine, you will need to contact Customer Service and request your License Server be reset first.
There are plans to support this use case in future revisions of the Licensing Client.
In the meantime, please ensure the License Server is configured on the correct machine, as once you have the License Server set up, you will not be able to move it to another machine without further assistance from Support.