- After a software update, my license doesn’t work anymore.
- The software sends me an error message when installing an update.
- I see the error message, An error occurred while installing the license, Could not install the license on the computer, or Could not open the key.
- While reinstalling the software, the progress is blocked.
- After a software update. my software crashes when launching.
In cases of hardware changes or updates, your Pixyz license might stop working.
Some causes for license invalidity are:
- CPU upgrade/modification.
- Motherboard replacement.
- Network adapter update/modification.
- Network adapter disconnection.
Because Pixyz licenses can only be activated on one machine, you must revoke your current activation prior to performing any modifications to your hardware or system updates.
See below for the step-by-step guide for revoking your Pixyz license online:
- In the Pixyz application, go to the License Manager (through the Help menu or the Pixyz menu).
- Enter your login details and password (the same you used to create your account on the website). The Pixyz license used on this computer is displayed. Click on the Release button.
- Confirm you do want to release the license or click Cancel otherwise.
Important: This action can only be performed once. If you click on the Reinstall button, it will reinstall the freshly released license, and cannot be released again.
- To check if your license has been released successfully, sign in to your Pixyz account & click License Management to the left of the screen. The license is now available for activation.
Once you have revoked your license activation, you need to begin the installation process in order to reinstall the license on another computer. See the article, How do I activate a purchased license for a Pixyz product? for more information.
An update brings important modifications to the software, it is, therefore, possible that for a hardware or software reason you may encounter problems.
At the release of each update, our support is on the alert to identify any malfunction that may be caused by the update and release a correction version, depending on the feedback from our users.
If after an update, you encounter this kind of problem and you can't solve it yourself, don't hesitate to contact Customer Service.