VxXmppServerErrorServiceUnavailable (20502) errors can occur in three scenarios:
- Mixing channel types
- Joining more than 10 channels
- Having more than 200 users in a non-positional channel
This error can occur if you mix types of channels. This applies in the following scenarios:
- Joining an echo channel when in a positional or non-positional channel
- Joining a non-positional or positional channel when in an echo channel
- Joining a second positional channel
This error does not occur in the following scenarios:
- Joining a non-positional channel when in a positional channel
- Joining a non-positional channel when in another non-positional channel
Refer to the following guidelines to avoid this error:
- Echo channels must be alone.
- Do not join other channels when in an echo channel.
- Do not try to join other channels when in an echo channel.
- Only join one positional channel.
This error can occur if a single user tries to join an 11th non-positional channel. Users are allowed to be in 10 non-positional channels and one positional channel at the same time.
A non-positional channel is considered an audio and/or text channel, and does not use the positional functionality. For example:
- A text-only channel is one channel
- An audio-only channel is one channel
- A channel that is using both text and audio is one channel
To avoid this error, ensure that users are only joined to 10 or fewer channels.
If 200 users are already in a channel, the 201st user that tries to join the channel could encounter this error.
To avoid this error, follow the recommendations in How to: Monitor channel size for large-scale channels.
Article is closed for comments.