- I requested a refund for my Asset Store purchase, but it was declined, and I want to know why.
- I am not sure if I can request a refund for my asset.
- Can I get a refund for my Asset Store purchase?
- Why was my refund request declined?
The Asset Store EULA includes information on the Asset Store refund policy:
If you or anyone from your organization have not downloaded the package and requested a refund within 14 days from purchasing a single or multi-entity asset, we may refund you.
Appropriate reasons for refund requests include, but are not limited to:
- You believe that the asset is not as advertised.
- You purchased the asset on the wrong account.
- You have made a duplicate purchase.
- The asset does not appear to work in the latest stable version of the Editor, and information on this was not present in the Asset description.
Asset Store refunds are declined due to the circumstances falling outside the Asset Store EULA.
Some reasons for an Asset Store refund request to be declined include, but are not limited to:
- The asset has been downloaded.
- The refund was requested more than 14 days after the purchase date.
- You have disputed the transaction with your payment provider.
- The asset is part of a Mega Bundle.
- The order was purchased with Asset Store credits.
Even if your reason aligns with the appropriate reasons (defined above), all submitted refund requests will be investigated by Unity to make sure that your claim fits our refund policy. For this reason, please provide as many details as possible during the refund requesting process within Asset Store.