General Troubleshooting Solutions:
- If using a positional channel, make sure you've moved the player position to origin.
- Ensure your application has microphone permissions.
- Ensure you have set audio to true when joining the channel. For example:
- Core: Set connect_audio to 1
req->connect_audio = 1;
- Unreal: Set first parameter to true in BeginConnect
MyChannelSession.BeginConnect(true, true, true, MyChannelSession.GetConnectToken(kDefaultKey, kDefaultExpiration), OnBeginConnectCompleted);
- Unity: Set first parameter to true in BeginConnect
channelSession.BeginConnect(true, true, true, channelSession.GetConnectToken(), ar =>...
Unity/Unreal Troubleshooting Solutions:
- Ensure you are transmitting to at least one channel.
Mobile Specific Troubleshooting Solutions:
If you are using Android or iOS and are trying to join a channel, ensure the player has given microphone permissions to the application.
If you would like the player to join a channel, but not give permissions to use the microphone, a work around on Android is as follows:
When a capture device cannot be opened developers can use ContextCompat.checkSelfPermission to programmatically check whether the app has Microphone recording access. If the application does not have recording access, set the capture device to "No Device" before joining the channel.
You can learn more about setting your capture device see the following documentation:
Go to the Developer Portal, select the Documentation tab on the left and select your engine (core is used for any custom engines, or engines not listed). Then select the following subsection of the documentation:
Vivox (ENGINE) Developer Guide > In-game audio control > In-game audio device selection
Article is closed for comments.