- After a software update, my license doesn’t work anymore.
- The software sends me an error message when installing an update.
- I see the error message, An error occurred while installing the license, Could not install the license on the computer, or Could not open the key.
- While reinstalling the software, the progress is blocked.
- After a software update. my software crashes when launching.
In cases of hardware changes or updates, your Pixyz license might stop working.
Some causes for license invalidity are:
- CPU upgrade/modification.
- Motherboard replacement.
- Network adapter update/modification.
- Network adapter disconnection.
Because Pixyz licenses can only be activated on one machine, you must revoke your current activation prior to performing any modifications to your hardware or system updates.
See below for the step-by-step guide for revoking your Pixyz license online:
- In the Pixyz application, go to the License Manager (through the Help menu or the Pixyz menu).
- Enter your login details and password (the same you used to create your account on the website). The Pixyz license used on this computer is displayed. Click Release.
- Confirm that you want to release the license or select Cancel otherwise.
Important: This action can only be performed once. If you click on the Reinstall button, it will reinstall the freshly released license, and cannot be released again.
- To check if your license has been released successfully, sign in to your Pixyz account & click License Management to the left of the screen. The license is now available for activation.
Once you have revoked your license activation, you need to begin the installation process in order to reinstall the license on another computer. See the article, How do I activate a Pixyz license? for more information.
An update brings important modifications to the software, it is, therefore, possible that for a hardware or software reason, you may encounter problems.
If after an update, you encounter any issue that you can't solve yourself, contact Customer Experience.