- I have just purchased a license from Unity and am looking for guidance on installation.
- I just bought my license and am trying to figure out why I can't find my license.
- I am trying to communicate the identifiers of my server and I don't know where to find them.
This page is mainly for Pixyz users and/or IT teams who are new to FlexNet Server and setting it up for the first time. The FlexNet server is a floating license manager server that allows a wide range of Pixyz users to access a license within the company network.
If you are just renewing your contract, you can update your license tokens and obtain a new license file directly from Pixyz: Support Unity
If you are already using FlexLM or FlexNet to manage other software, you can use your existing server(s) to host and manage Pixyz licenses.
FlexNet/FlexLM server requirements
Select a computer to host your FlexNet server & license manager that conforms to the following requirements:
- A stable machine that doesn't require frequent rebooting. The machine can be either a server or workstation.
- The Operating system supports Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 (both 32 & 64-bit).
- The Operating system supports Linux: Debian 9 or 10.
- Low network traffic.
- The Minimum recommended system RAM is 64 MB.
- All potential Pixyz computers can connect to it. Communication between the FlexNet license server and the Pixyz concurrent network members is by TCP/IP networking protocols. The following TCP ports have to be opened: 27000, 26999, and 80.
Download and deploy FlexNet license manager on a server
Deploy Pixyz license server
Here is a link to download FlexNet/Flexlm deployment script from Pixyz: Flexlm Pixyz installer
Unzip this archive on the server and run install.sh
The current version used by Pixyz is 11.16.4.
Check server status
Use the command prompt and go to the /opt/pixyz (standard) installation folder for FlexNet and:
username@ : cd /opt/pixyz
username@ : ./lmutil lmstat
The following information regarding lmgrd server & Pixyz vendor daemon should be displayed: PIXYZ : UP
Obtain a license file from Pixyz for the FlexNet server
Once your FlexNet Server is correctly deployed on your system, visit the web page that has been set up during installation (the install script will log the URL on your screen).
License server management
Standard installation method:
Click Generate to download the license request file. This file will be used by Pixyz to activate your floating tokens. The SERVER, VM-UUID, and PORT are required to activate the license.
For Pixyz server license file generation & activation, please send your hostname (server name) & hostid/VM-UUID or mac address (see above) to Pixyz: Support Unity.
Once you receive the license file from Pixyz, install it through this same web page (upload the license file with Select File and then Install).
Connect your Pixyz "clients" and start using your product(s)
Your team can now start using its Pixyz product(s) by using the Pixyz License Manager tool to set up the server details. See the example below in Pixyz Studio:
Note: Port 27000 is used by default. Specific port numbers can be set up, please contact us: Support Unity.
Important: Do not forget to turn ON the Flex LM setting.