- I have found a bug in the Editor, and I need to report it.
- I am experiencing a problem using the Hub and believe it may be a bug.
If Unity is not working as you expect it to, or you see an error message, this may be due to a technical problem or a bug, either within the Unity Hub or the Editor.
You may have experienced an issue similar to those listed below:
- A project crash that has closed Unity prevents you from re-opening the Editor or your project.
- Errors are appearing in your console window.
- When using the Hub, there may be errors preventing you from managing your licenses, projects, or Editor versions.
It is always advised to first visit the Unity Support Forums to search for your specific error or post about an issue to see if the community has experienced the same problem and solved it.
If the issue cannot be solved and appears to be a bug, a bug report must be submitted.
Where the error is being shown will determine how this should be reported to Unity. For example, any errors seen within the Hub must be reported there. For any other bugs, please report them within the Editor itself.
Use the links below to jump to the solution for your version:
You can submit a bug report in the Editor by following the steps below:
- Click on Help, and from the drop-down menu, click Report a Bug.
- Specify from the drop-down menus What is the problem related to and How often does it happen. These fields must be completed to submit your report.
- Enter a valid email address in the Your email address field and complete the Title and Details fields.
- Finally, click Send to submit your bug report.
You can submit a bug report in the Hub by following the steps below:
- Click on the account icon in the corner displaying initials. Select Troubleshooting > Report a bug.
- Select from the drop-down menu How often does it happen, and complete all other fields listed. Failing to do so will prevent your bug report from being sent.
- Enter a valid email address in the Your email address field.
- The Issue encountered field should contain a summary of the issue.
- Please explain the issue in full detail in the What happened? field.
- Add the version of the Hub being used, as well as any other details necessary to the How can we reproduce that? field.
- Finally, click Send to submit the bug report. The bug report will automatically include your Hub log file.
You will receive an automatic confirmation email containing your case number when your bug is submitted. The QA team will then assign it to the right team to work on a fix.
If your bug does not get a response within two weeks, it may be that your specific bug is fixed in a later release or already has available workarounds. Please contact Customer Service for further assistance in this case.
For more information on how to report bugs, visit Unity QA & Bug Reporting.
If you have a new or existing case number and wish to track its progress, check the Issue Tracker portal