- I am an Asset Store publisher.
- I want to submit my earnings to my local tax authority.
- I want to know what information about my Asset Store earnings I need to submit for tax purposes.
Tax offices in certain countries require proof of earnings for their records. In the past, the only option was to take a screenshot of your Publisher Sales page. However, as of March 2019 we introduced "self-bills".
"Self-bills" are self-generated summary statements which you can utilize as proof of payment from the Unity Asset Store and for accounting purposes as needed.
To access "self-bills", please follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Unity ID via id.unity.com.
- Select Organizations in the left navigation bar.
- Select the Organization your publisher account is associated with.
- Select Transaction History from the sub-menu to the left.
5. Select the Payouts tab.
6. Select the date range you wish to query and click Apply to view your self-bills.
7. Download the self-bills as needed.
This information is accurate for the March 2019 payout onwards. February 2019 and prior payouts were not in an automated system.
You may also find the following article useful: Tax FAQ for Publishers