- I have purchased an asset and received my Unity invoice confirming my purchase, but I cannot download the asset.
- When I click Open in Unity to trigger the download, it does not work.
This is most commonly caused by a connectivity issue in your network but can also be due to a server error at our end; however, this is an infrequent occurrence.
Due to the use of proxies, firewalls, or antivirus software, Unity can be blocked from opening on your machine.
Incorrect permissions set by your web browser or machine can also prevent the Open in Unity button from working correctly.
For the Open in Unity process to work, you must check the following:
- Check that you are signed in to your Unity ID via the Unity Hub.
- If the Hub is not already running on your machine before clicking Open in Unity, the application should automatically open. If the Hub does not open automatically, the permissions on your device and web browser may need to be reviewed to allow Unity to open correctly. Specifically, the option to allow pop-ups from your browser and applications to open.
- A compatible version of the Editor will also need to be running for the asset to open and be downloaded. If the asset is not supported in 2020.X (for example), try using a previous version of the Editor. The process to download assets has changed since Unity 2020.X was released.
See the Unity Knowledge Base article, 'How do I download an asset I have purchased?', to learn more about downloading assets.
To troubleshoot network settings and eliminate a connectivity issue, follow these suggestions:
- If a proxy is running on your network, go into the settings and allow ports 80 and 443.
- If any antivirus/firewall software is running, please temporarily disable them and see if that allows Unity to open. These can block some applications by default, so the settings may need updating.
- It may be that a weak or intermittent internet connection is causing the problem. For example, if WIFI with a weak signal is used, try using an ethernet cable for a more reliable connection.
If you still cannot open the asset in Unity after following this guide, submit a support request with Unity Customer Service.