- I have purchased an Asset and received my PDF Unity invoice confirming my purchase.
- When I click ‘Open in Unity’ to trigger the download, it does not work.
This is usually a problem to do with connectivity, but rarely can also be due to a server error at our end.
Sometimes sites that will open perfectly within your browser are blocked from opening within Unity by proxies, firewalls, or antivirus software.
Firstly, try downloading the Asset from within the Editor by following this process:
- Open Unity Engine.
- Click "Window" > "Asset Store".
- Log in to the Asset Store account linked to the purchase.
- Find Asset.
- Click the ‘buy’ button. If you have already purchased, there will be an option to download or import.
- Download Asset.
If this does not work for you, it could be a connectivity issue. Please test your connectivity by following these suggestions:
- If you have a proxy running go into the settings and allow these ports: 80 and 443
- If you have antivirus software running, please temporarily disable it and see if that allows the Asset to download.
- If you have a weak, or intermittent internet connection, Assets will not be downloaded. Please be aware of this when purchasing Assets.
If none of the above is working for your machine/ network, please submit a support request.
Once Assets have been downloaded, they can also be found in the following directory:
Windows - C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x
Mac - Users\"USERNAME"\library\Unity\Asset Store-5.x