- I am using a Build Server license.
- I am using the minimal supported version of the Unity Editor that supports Build Server licenses (2019.4.3).
- I am unable to open the Unity Editor with my Build Server license.
- I can successfully run Unity using -batchmode.
- The Editor log suggests that I do not have the Editor UI entitlement.
Not being able to open the Unity Editor with a Build Server license is intended behavior, and occurs because Unity Build Server licences do not have the Editor UI entitlement to allow the Editor to be opened.
With a Unity Build Server license, Unity needs to be run in batch mode through a command line interface and can only be used to generate builds, not to author project content.
You will need to open the Editor on a machine with a license that has the Editor UI entitlement. For example, Plus, Pro, and Enterprise subscriptions, or use the -batchmode command line argument when building your project.
To learn more about the Unity Build Server, please visit our FAQs:
For more information on the types of licenses available, you can contact our Sales team: https://create.unity3d.com/unity-sales