- How do I cancel my Plastic SCM subscription?
- How do I cancel my Unity Version Control subscription?
- How do I cancel my Unity Cloud Build subscription?
- How do I cancel my Unity Build Automation subscription?
Unity Version Control (formerly known as Plastic SCM) & Unity Build Automation (formerly known as Unity Cloud Build) are now offered under one subscription service called Unity DevOps.
This article is specifically intended for organization owners who purchased a Plastic SCM Cloud Edition or Unity DevOps subscription via the Unity Dashboard. For Plastic SCM Enterprise or Unity Version Control On-premise subscriptions, please contact your Unity Sales Partner.
If you have purchased your Plastic SCM Cloud Edition subscription on plasticscm.com, please head there to manage your subscription.
Deleting a Unity organization does not cancel your subscription automatically. You need to follow the steps in this article to cancel any active DevOps subscription.
Please follow the steps below to cancel your Unity DevOps or Plastic SCM Cloud Edition subscription:
|Important: Removing your Unity DevOps, or Plastic SCM subscription will delete your version control repositories and associated data. Please ensure that you have your data backed up locally before proceeding. This action is irreversible.
- Navigate to dashboard.unity3d.com and sign in using your Unity ID credentials.
- Click DevOps on the left-side menu.
- Click Help & Support > Scroll to the bottom and click Remove Subscription.
- Select the reason for your cancelation > click Remove subscription.
- If you're having technical issues, or want to learn more about the features of DevOps, click Visit Success Hub to speak with a Partner Adviser, otherwise, click Remove Subscription.
- After the above steps are followed, you see a pop-up in the bottom right corner of the screen to confirm that your subscription has been removed.
|Please note: Because Unity DevOps & Plastic SCM is billed monthly on a pay-as-you-go basis, we are unable to offer refunds.